THE HIGHS & LOWS: BRISBANE

Photobucket


Man, am I glad to be home. I've just gotten back from my three week holiday in Brisbane. The great thing about having parents who live in a different country is that at the end of every year, I get an all-expenses-paid trip to Australia. The downside? Well, it's Australia...in Summer. Summer is great, ya know, if you're not melting to death every night due to the unbearable heat. That being said, not all was bad. So, without further ado, I present to you the highs and lows of my Australian Summer.

The Highs:
1. Seeing the whole family again. This Christmas was the first time in 2 years we've all been together.
2. Not having to pay for food or power.
3. Limitless internet. Awwwwww yiss!
4. My mom doing my laundry. I mean, I get the VIP service over here.
5. Going to the Lindt cafe in Sydney.
6. The Sydney Aquarium.
7. Birthday breakfast with my family.
8. An endless supply of fruits. We're talking strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, pineapples..
9. Going on a hike in Mt. Tambourine with my parents and baby brother. Such beautiful views.. looked a hellovalot like New Zealand. Heh.
10. Sunbathing in Sunshine Coast with my brothers.

The Lows:
1. The heat. There were days when the thought of going outside to face the sunshine made me want to ram my head into a concrete wall. I suppose they don't call Queensland the "sunshine state" for nothin'.
2. The actual road trip to Sydney. My motion sickness did not agree with me.
3. The Christmas crowds.
4. Having my dad's GPS lead us the wrong direction on several occasions.

See you next Summer, Brisbane.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say it sounds like the highs far outweigh the lows, and I can imagine it would have been great to see the family. Lucky you - I am totally wishing that it was hot hot hot in Wellington, rather than.. raining..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fantastic time although I can definitely understand your problem with the heat; we have similar scorcher days here in Cape Town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is hilarious and it sounds as if you had a good Summer holiday, even if there were some downsides.

    ReplyDelete