ONE DAY I TURNED 21

Photobucket

Yesterday I turned twenty-one. This was not celebrated or anticipated with great enthusiasm. Turning twenty-one felt like any other day (with the added bonus of a cake and presents), though, if you think about, twenty-one years of living is a pretty long fucking time to be hangin' around, and what have I got to show for it? No words of wisdom, no real life achievements, I haven't learned a whole lot and I still prefer my mom to do my laundry. I am, however, grateful nonetheless. So, thank you Universe, for allowing me to live past puberty and awkward first-times.

(some of) The Highs:
1. Being born into a family of such contrasting and interesting personalities.
2. Moving to New Zealand.
3. Being taught piano by Dan Poynton.
4. Watching animes and having drawing sessions with my siblings.
5. Going on an exchange to Germany/having the most amazing host family.
6. Moving to Christchurch/meeting awesome people in Christchurch.
7. Biology in year 12.
8. Frank Sinatra, The Sex Pistols, The Misfits.
9. My childhood at Riverside Drive.
10. Making it to twenty-one.
11. (This year. Because I have the feeling it's gonna be a good one).

The Lows:
1. Nothing, because I'm fucking fabulous.
2. Having a distasteful inclination towards sarcasm.

"You live like this, sheltered, in a delicate world, and you believe you are living." - Anais Nin

1 comment:

  1. happppy birthday!! you look so so cute in this photo!

    ReplyDelete