THE HIGHS & LOWS: THAILAND

 photo t15_zps160280cc.jpg
 photo t10_zps8927eb03.jpg
 photo t9_zpscfdc426b.jpg
 photo t21_zps4839fd6f.jpg
 photo t22_zps782858e7.jpg
 photo bf8_zpscb239830.jpg
 photo t31_zps50228608.jpg
 photo t35_zps61e091e4.jpg
 photo t48_zps46ada422.jpg photo t51_zpsc5ed5760.jpg
 photo t53_zps1371cde1.jpg
 photo t55_zpsdbf13080.jpg
 photo t59_zpsceb583b5.jpg

If you've been following my twitter, you'll know that I took a rather spontaneous trip to Thailand with a good friend of mine who just so happened to be going there. Booked my tickets three days beforehand, packed only what I suspected I might need, then threw myself into the craziness that was Thailand. Possibly the greatest decision I've made in a very, very long time.

The Highs:
1. How cheap everything is! You can literally get a meal for less than $1. Clothes, shoes, and Thai girls are equally as cheap.
2. Visiting Wat Somanas Vihara temple on our second day. Out of the many temples we visited, this one was by far my favorite.
3. Bathing with and riding bareback on some Elephants in the Chiang Mai rainforest.
4. The entire time we spent in Chiang Mai. It was cheaper than Bangkok, easier to explore and we met some pretty cool people there.
5. Having Thai people mistake me for being Thai. Rather than annoy me, I found this highly amusing and entertaining.
6. Spending an entire day on the beach, which was relatively quiet. The ocean was especially awesome.
7. Every fruit shake I ordered ever.
8. Exploring Koh Chang island on a motorbike.
9. Getting up close to fully grown Tigers.
10. Being able to share such an amazing experience with one of my closest friends.
* the list of highlights could go on for days, because I had a truly awesome time, but I'll stop right here.

The Lows:
1. Bombae Fashion. Or Bombay Fashion. I can't even remember the name of the freaking place. My friend got a custom fitted suit there and he was overcharged, the owner/employees were extremely rude to the both of us, extremely lazy and all-around uselessly unhelpful. The owner should be ashamed of himself. I've never met a more distasteful man in my entire life.
2. Every taxi driver who said he knew where to go only to prove that he in fact had no fucking clue where he was going. Not to mention one particular taxi driver who thought it would be completely acceptable to have a burping contest with himself while I was sitting next to him.
3. Missing my flight back home. Miscalculated it by a day because I am so freaking stupid sometimes. Needless to say, I am now safely back home, but it cost me a small fortune to get here.
4. How cold the air conditioner was set to on our train ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.
5. Being attacked by mosquitoes.
6. Saying goodbye to my friend at the airport. I hate goodbyes and I miss him an awful lot.
7. Being alone in a big city for a few days after my friend left. You never realize how lonely some things can be until you're forced to do them on your own.

Despite some of the lowlights of my trip, I can't say I regret anything. I had fun, did some things I'd never done before and I had the time of my life. Now I'm back home and the uni year begins tomorrow. Man, you have no idea how unprepared I am to get back into the mundane life I usually lead. Someone take me some place new, please!

8 comments:

  1. it sounds like you had a really nice time. sucks you had to say bye to your friend but at least you had fun :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear you are home safe and sound!! And your trip to Thailand looks amazing, we still need to go on some overseas adventure together.
    P.S. I'm coming down at the end of March :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the new layout of your blog and the elephant riding looks like you had so much fun your so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks amazing. travelling here this summer! soooo ready xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWWWWWWWW! Amazing, that elephant is so cute! Your blog is amazing.
    Would be really cool if you could visit my blog too! Maybe we could follow each other as well if you like? Let me know what you think :).

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such incredible pictures! I love the little tiny crab you guys found. You've got to take the highs and the lows but, I'm sure the highs will last with you for much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh, so many seriously gorgeous photos. i want to go now!

    p.s. i stopped by your blog because the "ihatecoffeeeee" name caught my attention. HOW COULD ANYONE HATE COFFEE? :P

    phosphene

    ReplyDelete