VISUAL DIARY: VIENNA PART 1

 photo jh1_zpsb4f2fb0f.jpg
 photo jh4_zpsf7b563bf.jpg
 photo jh2_zpsd44d0e84.jpg
 photo jh3_zps33e3e002.jpg
 photo jh10_zps41c771b2.jpg
 photo jh12_zpsd782de24.jpg
 photo jh5_zps0e6e9570.jpg
 photo jh6_zps96c1f0fe.jpg
 photo jh8_zpsfefac670.jpg
 photo jh7_zps6d8048b4.jpg
 photo jh9_zpsa110c842.jpg
 photo jh13_zpsff4e692c.jpg
 photo jh14_zps6dff5e24.jpg
 photo jh15_zps9639c92d.jpg
 photo jh16_zpsc5ba8e28.jpg

Here are some photos from the first two weeks we spent in Vienna. No amount of photos or words could do justice the time we spent here (and we are back here at the moment after a brief visit in northern Germany)... there are likely a lot more photos to come of this fantastical city. Interesting people, beautiful city, amazing time.

Highs of Vienna:
1. The view from my friend's flat.
2. Tichy ice cream errrrmaaaahgaaawd.
3. Döner. And Döner. And more Döner.
4. Meeting all new and interesting people.
5. Our party + hangover + party + hangover routine. It's a nice change from my otherwise boring lifestyle back in NZ.
6. Observing the completely different "clubbing" or "party" scene over here. So different from NZ.
7. Dare I say it? Radler... which is the only form of beer I can really tolerate. Because beer is disgusting.
8. The Clubschiff.
9. That day we spent watching Breaking Bad.
10. Visiting the oldest zoo in the world. I mean, literally, the oldest zoo in the world.
11. BEARS.
12. Staying in pajamas all day.
13. The architecture, but that goes without saying.
14. The efficiency of the underground train system. On time, frequent, and half as fucking noisy as what I'm used to. Also, I have yet to pay for using it because I'm being a sneaky tourist.
15. Can I say 'everything'?

Lows of Vienna (though it's pretty difficult to think of any):
1. I drank too much and smoked too much at one stage and my head felt like it was exploding and I thought I was gonna pass out and vomit all over myself. But I didn't and I made a come back because I win at life.
2. We are currently locked inside my friend's flat with no toilet paper and no food and it's so fucking hot and, omg, I think I'm gonna die.
3. Can I say 'nothing'? I seriously can't think of anything right now. Vienna is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment