It's officially been one month since my return to New Zealand from Germany and I have spent most, if not all, my time either studying or avoiding study. I'm great at the latter, but the former seems to be doing my head in. The past few weeks has been the most amount of study I have ever done in my entire life. My entire life and, to be honest, I haven't even done that much compared to some people that I know. Props to them, seriously, coz this shit ain't easy.
To all those preparing for exams or already doing exams, the best of luck to you. Hopefully you won't need it as much as I do.
Signs You've Been Studying Too Much:
1. You visit the library so often that people are beginning to think you live there.
2. You've had so much caffeine that your body is literally made up of 70% energy drinks/coffee, 20% sleep deprivation and 10% prayers for death.
3. You're beginning to put off necessary things, such as breathing and eating, just so you can finish off another paragraph of your assignment.
4. You've been reading the same thing over and over again and have realized that you still don't know what it's about.
5. The only friends you hang out with anymore are the ones in your classes or the ones you study with.
6. You don't have time to go to the supermarket or make your own food, so the majority of your diet consists of cheap takeout and empty coffee cups.
7. You have more pens and highlighters than you do dating prospects.
8. You're on facebook every few minutes. Not because you have to check something, but just so you can stare at it mindlessly.
9. You kinda feel like screaming and/or crying.
10. You can't remember the last time you took a shower or washed your hair.
11. You've spent the past few days in your pajamas. I mean, what's the point in changing, right?
12. You've had nightmares about failing your exams or not finishing your assignment on time.
13. You're beginning to look like a crack addict with an eye twitch.
14. Everything you read seems to be written in a different language. Statistically speaking, you know that it must be written in English, but nothing is making sense to you anymore. What even is English anyway?!
15. Your room looks like a war zone.
16. If your friends had to take shots every time you said, "I have soooo much work to do" everyone around you would be drunk as fuck.
17. You're stressed about being stressed about being stressed.
18. The previous sentence didn't really even make sense, but you get it. Because you're stressed.
19. You've contemplated a life outside of university. Possibly selling your body or becoming a homeless person.
20. You've convinced yourself that failing isn't the worse thing in the world. You've accepted it and already planned the eulogy for your grades.