I'm back in Australia for the Summer visiting my family as I have done for the past four years and things are pretty great. I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and a super duper New Years. Make 2014 count, I guess.
1. The weather has been cooler than it has been in previous years. Gone are the days of melting every time you step out the front door.
2. Mangoes, watermelon, rockmelon, cherries, strawberries, blueberries... all on a daily basis. We're makin' it rain all up in hurrrr.
3. BBQs on BBQs on BBQs.
4. Laughing more than I've ever laughed in a small period of time.
5. "punk ass bitch", "yous a snitch", "makin' it rain" - my brother.
6. Eating nice food 24/7 pretty much.
7. I don't have to do my own laundry!
8. There's a dishwasher here. REJOICE.
9. Talking to my mom about her parents who I never got to know since they never left the Philippines and I've been raised away from them since I was a baby.
10. Making fun of my baby brother. He's such an easy target, man.
11. Putting makeup on my brothers (with their full permission, of course).
1. Our internet connection (up until today) has been SO FREAKING CRAP, I wanted to rip my hair out.
2. My dad forgets that we're adults now and treats us accordingly.
3. Our home here only has 3 bedrooms as 90% of the time, it's only my parents and baby brother living here, so now that everyone is home, it means there aren't enough rooms and not enough beds.
4. I'm sorry, but... Australian accents. Cringe.