VIENNA x REVISITED

 photo vv1_zpskkicpzzx.jpg
 photo vv2_zpsebqnd956.jpg
 photo vv3_zpshpk7jmhw.jpg
 photo vv4_zpsdkolyw6h.jpg
 photo vv5_zpsxjlkrhqb.jpg
 photo vv6_zpssxpsmpbk.jpg
 photo vv7_zpspqcyy6pn.jpg
 photo vv9_zpseqfuozqy.jpg
 photo vv8_zpseg6rddhu.jpg
 photo vv10_zpsgsacblwi.jpg
 photo vv11_zpsxe9ynrbw.jpg
 photo vv12_zps1mvxgryq.jpg
 photo vv14_zpsdpfwmyhh.jpg
 photo vv15_zpsswa0c5o5.jpg
 photo vv16_zpsbtzzmtrc.jpg
 photo vv17_zpswvqw1sxp.jpg
 photo vv19_zps3umcoeld.jpg
 photo vv20_zpspzl3cwoc.jpg
 photo vv21_zpsxbvyoulp.jpg
 photo vv22_zpsxd8wn10a.jpg

The first time I went to Vienna was over 2 years ago with my former flatmate from New Zealand. We travelled there from Regensburg in Germany in a cramped up little car in which I was victim to the dreaded *middle seat*. I can say only that the drive was worth it, because Vienna has got to be one of my favourite cities I've ever visited, if not for the city itself, then most definitely for the memories collected there.

Recently I had the opportunity to go back and revisit the city and spend time with an old friend of mine who currently lives there. The place had a different feel to it this time, and I'm not entirely sure why, though I can say that I'm not the same person now as I was back when I first went to Vienna. That might have something to do with it, or maybe I'm letting my imagination run wild - I'm prone to doing that quite often these days.

I can't really put into words what it was like being there again (which proves that I'm indeed a terrible writer). It felt strange and surreal, at times. There's something about that place. You'll find that, much like myself, you won't be able to put your finger on it.

Til next time, Vienna xx

No comments:

Post a Comment