FRIENDS FROM FAR PLACES // BREMEN & SYDNEY

 photo mt1_zps7xjwsgdd.jpg
 photo mt2_zpshfyyradc.jpg
 photo mt3_zpsrnrnjj3y.jpg
 photo mgne_zpsaanmp0zb.jpg
 photo mt4_zpse5akwxzi.jpg
 photo mt5_zps59xkkxeo.jpg
 photo mt6_zpsyhv5qf2k.jpg
 photo mtfg_zps7altqwez.jpg
 photo mtkg_zpsqlr2riv4.jpg

Greetings, humans!

As you may know, I haven't been home (to New Zealand/Australia) since leaving for Germany over two years ago, which sucks, but on the bright side, I've been fortunate enough to have friends who are willing to visit me in this little city called Bremen. For the past few days I've been hanging out with my friend Milena and her partner Tim who are both equally wonderful people who decided to visit me while they're in Germany. Fun fact: Milena has known me since I was still an awkward, very uncool, emo kid. To save you the embarrassment,I have attached no photos of myself or her during that period. We are all aware of what puberty looks like, and retracing those steps will be uncomfortable for the both of us, buddy.

It's always the case that showing someone the city you live in gives you an outside perspective of everything you've grown accustomed to and probably take for granted. Without realising, there's things here in Bremen that I have indeed taken for granted and only by showing my friends around did I realise just how great this city is and can be. Of course, the weather wasn't as bad as it usually is, so that might have something to do with it. I showed them around the main areas of Bremen and we've had lots of time to catch up after so many years of being apart, it really has been such a happy few days and I'm genuinely gonna be bummed when they have to leave to continue their travels. As they're currently weighing their options and deciding whether or not relocating to Germany semi-permanently is a good idea, let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope that they do eventually decide to move here... because having them in Germany would make life here much, much nicer.

Till next time,
Macy xo




No comments:

Post a Comment